Clix tagged me for a meme. First, I am supposed to post the rules:
- The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
- Each player answers the questions about themselves.
- At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know theyâ€™ve been tagged and asking them to read the player’s blog.
- Let the person who tagged you know when youâ€™ve posted your answer.
OK, so now the questions.
What were you doing ten years ago?
I was finishing up my first year teaching at a rural school. It was probably the most awful job I’ve ever had, and certainly the most awful teaching experience. We had gang problems and a do-nothing administration.
What are five things on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order)*
- Grade vocabulary and quizzes and start on projects.
- Follow up on and answer some e-mails.
- Sketch out next week’s lesson plans.
- Re-read chapter eight of The Great Gatsby and take some notes.
- E-mail students absent on Monday who have not checked in with me and do not have their final exam assignment.
What are some snacks I enjoy?
- Hint of Lime Tostitos
What would I do if I were a billionaire?
- Like Clix, pay off debt.
- Buy a house.
- Get a new car.
- Travel like mad.
- Share with my family, friends, and favorite charities.
- Outfit my school with more technologyâ€”SMART Boards in each room, laptops for teachers, etc.
- Honestly, this is one of those questions that has an unlimited number of answers, as I can’t even imagine all I could do with that money. Sigh.
What are three of my bad habits?
- Clutter. It’s how I live.
What are five places where you have lived?**
- North Carolina
What are five jobs I have had?
- Waitress at Sonny’s Real Pit Barbecue
- Student Worker in the Science Library at UGA
- Student Worker in the Financial Aid Office at Macon College
- Temp. Bleh.
What five or six people do I want to tag?
Well, this is hard for me because I can never tell if people like these things and want to be tagged and included, or not. So I tag the following folks, who only have to play if they feel like it (no pressure):
- Lisa Huff
- Robert Talbert
- Megan Golding
- Roger Darlington (I can promise you whatever your answers are, his are more interesting)
- Nick Senger
* Because it’s so late, and the only thing on my to-do list at this hour is to blowdry my hair and go to bed, perhaps read, this is tomorrow’s list.
** I didn’t include my current residence because I think most people know that about me. However, it might be a surprise to learn I have lived in some of the other places.