6751 Roswell Rd.
Atlanta, GA. 30328
||To integrate technology and English language arts and facilitate students' communication skills through writing and reading in the secondary school.
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg, VA.
Master of Curriculum and Instruction, Instructional Technology
University of Georgia, Athens, GA.
Bachelor of Science in Education, English Education
GPA 3.72; Major GPA 3.89
||The Weber School, Atlanta, GA.
- Newspaper Sponsor, 2010-Present
- Department Chair, 2008-2009
- Designed and implemented department goals and curriculum, 2008-Present
- Designed and implemented professional development in Web 2.0 applications for teachers, January 2007
- Sponsor, National Honor Society, 2005-2006, 2007-2010
- Sponsor, Book Club, 2006-2007
- Grade Level Adviser, Class of 2008, 2006-2008
- Student Adviser, 2006-Present
- Tutor secondary students in reading, grammar, and composition.
Snellville Middle School, Snellville, GA
July 2002-August 2004
Eighth Grade Language Arts, 2002-2003
Journalism Connections, 2003-2004
- Sponsor, School Newspaper, 2003-2004
Warner Robins HIgh School, Warner Robins, GA.
August 1998-June 2001
- Sponsor, Poison Pens, 1999-2001
- SACS Mission Statement Committee, 1999-2000
Twiggs County High School, Jeffersonville, GA.
August 1997-June 1998
- Sponsor, Literary Magazine
- SACS Steering Committee Member
|Honors and Awards
National Council of Teachers of English Teacher of Excellence, 2010
Georgia Council of Teachers of English Secondary Section Teacher of the Year, 2010
Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
Golden Key National Honor Society
Delta Epsilon Iota Education Honor Society
|Publications and Presentations
Shakespeare Set Free Act V: How to Create Meaningful and Authentic Assessments for Your Shakespeare Unit, National Council of Teachers of English Annual Conference, November 2010
No Teacher is an Island: Connecting with Other Educators Through Professional Learning Networks, Georgia Independent Schools Association Annual Conference, November 2009
Using Blogs and Wikis for Professional Development, Georgia Independent Schools Association Annual Conference, November 2008 and Georgia Council of Teachers of English Annual Conference, February 2009
Using Blogs and Wikis in the Classroom, Georgia Independent Schools Association Annual Conference, November 2006
"Toward 'Moral Perfection': Integrating Judaic Concepts and Benjamin Franklin's Autobiography," English Journal, July 2006
A Question of Honor, Young Adult novel, March 2007
Beowulf: A Teacher's Guide, Penguin-Putnam, 2001
Windows PC's and Apple Computers
Web 2.0 applications
- Weblogs and wikis
- Website design and administration
- Google applications
SMARTBoard Interactive White Board
Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Apple iWorks; Apple iLife; Inspiration; Curio; Comic Life; and similar document and project management applications
Facilitating technological professional development
Digital video and audio editing
||Available upon request