- Mac compatibility.
- A color scheme that isn’t too dark or too bright (both versions of the Tweetdeck theme are out as a result).
- An unread messages count. Really I need this. It’s a deal-breaker, and it’s one of the reasons I’ve stuck with Nambu despite being unhappy with their progress and development.
- Multiple columns.
- Notification of new tweets. I prefer Growl, but Air is OK.
Things I’d like to have:
- Syncing across devices (an iPhone app, so my unread count is same on both).
- Client rather than web-based (not a deal breaker—was checking out Hootsuite, but not a fan).
I wondered aloud to my husband a few minutes ago just how hard it would be to create a Twitter client that did what I wanted. I have never designed software before, but I am willing to learn. I have rolled up my sleeves and made myself learn HTML and Flash (though I can’t say I’m a proficient in Flash at all).
Out of curiosity—what would you want in a Twitter client?