AQuiram tagged me for this meme, so here goes:
- What do you hope to accomplish with your blog?
I use this blog as a means of reflecting on my practices (but not as much as I should), helping others, and sharing resources. It is my hope that visitors find some of it useful and interesting. I also hope that visitors might be inspired to try blogging, too.
- Are you a spiritual person?
Hmm… in a manner of speaking, but probably not like most people think. I’m Christian, but I teach at a Jewish school. I don’t think I’ve ever really felt the presence of God in a church, but I have outside in woods.
- If you were stranded on a deserted island, what three things would you want to have with you?
I don’t like these questions. OK, my family, a shelter, and a magical machine that enabled me to get anything else I needed. Cheating? Yes. Yes, it is.
- What’s your favorite childhood memory?
It will be hard for me to pick one, but the first one that came to mind was the Christmas when we were all snowed in because of a blizzard (Colorado, 1982). It was a time of closeness and togetherness.
- Are these your first (tagging) memes?
Here are the rules for this meme:
- Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
- People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
- At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
- Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
OK, so here are my eight random facts.
- I played the flute all through school and picked up French horn for a year in middle school and guitar for a few years in high school/college.
- I plan to start working on my Masters. My first step is to take the GRE this summer. I’m planning to get a degree in Instructional Technology.
- I have three children. I don’t write about them much (or have I ever?) on this blog, but I do write about them sometimes on my personal blog. My daughters each have blogs, too: Western Dragon and Maggie’s Blog. My son has recently been preliminarily (lets see how many adverbs I can throw out) diagnosed with an autism-spectrum disorder. He will be evaluated for special ed services this summer. He is beginning to teach himself to read and write. You can read what my husband said about Dylan’s communication.
- I am a pretty huge Harry Potter fan, and I CAN’T WAIT until the new book and movie come out this summer, but I admit it’s bittersweet — last book! I actually have a blog devoted to Harry Potter, too.
- Should I turn this into a link fest for all my other blogs? Sure, why not. I am also a genealogist and have traced my family history back pretty far in several branches.
- Unlike AQuiram, I actually try to watch the entire season of American Idol. My husband is a singer, and I enjoy his criticism of the contestants’ voices.
- My favorite composer is Chopin. I just figured this fact out today.
- I am interested in the Middle Ages and was even a member of the Society for Creative Anachronism for a time. I am a King Arthur buff — go on, ask me anything — well, I shouldn’t have opened that can of worms, but I’ll give it a shot. I never miss the Renaissance Festival here in Georgia (I go with my daughter), and this year, for my birthday, I want to go to Medieval Times. You only turn 36 once.
I’m not sure who has been tagged or who is interested, and at this busy time of year, I’m kind of loath to tag anyone, so I’m going to be cheap and just say whoever wants to be tagged, well, you’re it.